Skenesborough Museum

The Skenesborough Museum was founded in 1959 during the town of Whitehall’s 200th (bicentennial) anniversary.  The building it occupies is a 1917 reinforced concrete Canal Terminal building.  It was later used as a town shed before NYS planned to demolish it.


June 28th, 1959 it was dedicated and in 1960 the town received permission to use the building as long as it remain a museum.

« 1 »